Georgia's Trusted Personal Injury Firm
Helping You Get the results You Need
Passionate Representation for Victims of Dangerous Property Conditions
In Georgia, property owners are required by law to keep their premises reasonably safe for visitors. This includes invited guests, customers, clients, tenants, employees, and any other individual who is legally permitted to be on the property. The law applies to both private and public properties, such as homes, apartment buildings, offices, retail buildings, parks, and construction sites.
If you were injured on someone else’s property, and you believe the property owner is to blame, we encourage you to get in touch with The Athens Premises Liability Lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your legal options. The Law Office of Joshua W. Branch, LLC can help you fight for the justice and recovery you are owed.
Proving Property Owner Negligence
In order to prove that a property owner acted negligently and is, therefore, liable for your injuries and other damages, you will need to show a few things:
- First, you will need to prove that the property owner owed you a duty of care. This can typically be proven by showing that you were on the property legally at the time of the incident.
- Second, you will need to show that a dangerous condition existed and that the property owner knew of or should have reasonably known of the condition.
- You will also need to prove that the property owner did not take reasonable steps to address, fix, or otherwise warn visitors (by putting out appropriate signage, etc.) of the dangerous condition.
- Lastly, you will need to show that the dangerous condition led to your injuries and other damages.
There are many different types of dangerous property conditions, all of which can have devastating consequences when they are not properly addressed by property owners.
Some common examples of dangerous property conditions include:
- Accumulated water, ice, or snow
- Lack of proper signage, including emergency exit signs
- Spilled merchandise
- Hazardous items/materials in walkways
- Unsafe stairs
- Lack of proper railing
- Torn or ripped carpeting and uneven floors
- Lack of sufficient lighting
- Unrestrained animals, such as dogs
- Unsafe swimming pools
- Lack of adequate safety fencing
- Negligent security
If you were injured as a result of a slip, trip and fall or another dangerous condition on someone else’s property, The Athens Premises Liability Attorney can help you fight for the justice and compensation you deserve. The Law Office of Joshua W. Branch, LLC has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients; let us fight for you and your recovery.
$1,500,000 Car Accidents
$1,400,000 Wrongful Death
$1,100,000 Car Accidents
$1,050,000 Car Accidents
$700,000 Trucking Accident
$650,000 Personal Injury
$650,000 Wrongful Death
$650,000 Car Accidents
$605,000 Wrongful Death
$580,000 Trucking Accident
$550,000 Car Accidents
$525,000 Personal Injury
$375,000 Car Accidents
$350,000 Personal Injury
$350,000 Wrongful Death
“You and your team truly helped us through one of the hardest seasons in our lives.” - Madi, Personal Injury Client
“When it comes to personal injury cases, I can't imagine someone using anyone else than Josh Branch.” - Randolph, Personal Injury Client
“Some people make your day better, and some people make your life better. Thanks for being someone who does BOTH.” - Rachelle, Personal Injury Client
We have a long history of success, both in settlements and verdicts. If you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one due to the negligence of another person, company, or entity, we are prepared to be the tireless advocate you need and deserve.
Personalized Approach We're dedicated to providing personalized client care with tailored solutions.
Reputation for Excellence We are proud of our legacy of positive client testimonials and recognition in our community.
Commitment to Clients Our passion for helping clients recover from personal injuries is the core focus of our firm.
Fearless Advocacy We are not afraid to go to trial and we will fight to get the best possible result for our clients.